ICIPE Information Technology Manager Jobs in Kenya
Overall purpose of the job
The Information Technology Manager will be responsible for providing innovative insights into digital applications, supporting network databases and systems, updating system hardware and software, troubleshooting for system errors, assisting team members in supporting all data security initiatives and optimizations while staying abreast of relevant upcoming IT trends across sectors by identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update hardware, software and systems.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
Manage information technology and computer systems. Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations. Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time.
Manage IT staff and recruit, train and coach employees, communicating job expectations and
appraising their performance.
Develop and direct the IT strategy for icipe.
Design, develop and implement IT policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and best
practice guides for the Centre. Assuring all IT activities are performed within acceptable ethical and legal parameters.
Lead the development of and coordinate installations, upgrades and maintenance of IT systems to facilitate management and reporting of the Centre activities.
Design and implement IT research, product development and innovation in support of key priority sectors of the Centre.
Provide leadership on digital efforts including emerging trends like artificial intelligence and big data analytics, internet of things, adoption of best practices in cyber security and other IT applications.
Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems and ensure business continuity for
the business-critical IT applications and operations (e.g., the ERP system) at the Centre.
Oversee and determine timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades,
migrations and outages.
Integrate IT tools to increase access to and improve the quality of training programmes.
Lead in building IT capacity and sharing digital knowledge and experience to the Centre staff and clients.
Advice and manage in procurement of new and replacement IT hardware and software systems and
Manage the maintenance of currency of business systems, documentation, website and other
Conduct regular system audits, run regular checks on server hardware, software, operating systems and network and data security.
Prepare and oversee annual IT plans and budget and ensuring cost effectiveness.
• Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
• Knowledge of IT research and/or business software development, including supporting digital
solutions and integrating IT/digital activities into projects.
• Experience with operations support systems, business support systems and multi-domain cloud
systems web design, development and operation.
• Ability to supervise, guide build capacity and lead staff and the wider community of IT users and
service providers at the Centre. Expertise in data centre management and data governance.
• Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation’.
• At least 10 years’ experience working in relevant field managing IT infrastructure services.
• Proficient in computer hardware, cabling installation and support.
• Proficient in wireless technology applications and interface and IT security.
• Proficient in Microsoft Windows software, including server, office and exchange.
• Understanding of systematic approaches to deliver successful projects.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; http://recruit.icipe.org/description_of_assignment/displayRecord?id=407