About the Role
Dash is building a unified alternative payment network for over 1 billion Africans. Dash allows its users to send, spend, save, and pay regardless of currency and provider.
Dash is looking for a visionary, missionary and talented Backend Engineer that will optimize servers for speed and stability, implementing security structures, generating reusable code libraries and generating data storage solutions.
What You’ll Do
1. Build out backend functionality for existing and new product lines
2. Collaborate with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance user experience
3. Integrate with various third-party systems, including payment systems, identity providers, and messaging platforms.
4. Scale our backend services and pipelines to ever-growing levels of traffic and complexity.
5. Help build flexible and easy-to-use tools used by our operations teams to handle customer inquiries and other business processes.
6. Generate recyclable code libraries.
7. Implement ongoing security systems and routinely inspect server code for speed optimization.
8. Conceptualize and implement solutions for data storage.
9. Configure usability of all front-side applications.
10. Maintain a stable server with zero downtime.
Required Qualification and Requirements
1. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
2. Minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience
3. Experience with Java 8 and RX Java in a production application.
4. Experience developing apps that interact with web services (REST, JSON)
5. Knowledge of version control
6. In-depth understanding of algorithms and data structures
7. Working experience with SQL.
8. Experience in working in a CI/CD development environment
9. Ability to work in a distributed team and company, working with teammates globally
10. Ability to work in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process
Compensation + Benefits
1. Competitive Salary
2. Medical cover
3. Paid time off (leave days)
5. Hybrid work structure
How to apply
For more information and job application details, see; https://spektra.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=39