- 1 Fans Loved It When Dave Grohl Performed With His Daughter Harper In 2017
- 2 Violet Grohl Has Taken The Stage With Her Father A Couple Of Times
- 3 Dave Grohl And His Daughters Are Low-Key The Most Cute And Talented Musical Family
- 4 Let’s start with Harper who, NBD, sits in with the Foo Fighters. Here’s how Dave introduced her at the Secret Solstice Festival: “About two weeks ago my daughter said, ‘Daddy, I want to play the drums.’ I said, ‘You want me to teach you?’ She said ‘yes.’ Then I said, ‘Do you want to get up in front of 20,000 people in Iceland and play?’ And she said ‘yes!’”
- 5 Keep up the A+ dadding, Dave. And Violet and Harper? Something tells me we’ll be seeing more of you two.
- 6 HARPER WILLOW GROHL – BIO, AGE, WIKI, FACTS AND FAMILY
- 7 Harper Willow Grohl Before Fame
- 8 Harper Willow Grohl Trivia
- 9 Associated with:
Dave Grohl has rocked around the world. He’s brought people some of the best rock songs like “Smells Like Teen Spirit” and “Everlong” with two of the biggest rock bands, Nirvana and Foo Fighters. But over the last decade or so, he wasn’t just a rock star. He was a father to his three adorable girls he welcomed with his wife, Jordyn Blum. When his girls were little, he would take them to school and do all the usual dad things.
But now, the oldest Grohl sister, Violet, 15, Harper, the middle child, 12, and Ophelia, the baby, 7, are getting older, and they don’t need their famous dad to do everything for them. In fact, two of them are even ready to take the stage and walk in Grohl’s footsteps, and fans are obsessed.
Fans Loved It When Dave Grohl Performed With His Daughter Harper In 2017
The first time fans were greeted with one of Grohl’s children on stage with him was in 2017. An eight-year-old Harper took the stage like a professional, sat at Foo Fighters’ Taylor Hawkins’ drum set, and drummed along with her dad as if she was trying out for the band.
Foo Fighters were headlining at Iceland’s Secret Solstice Festival, and fans went crazy when Grohl called out Harper. Grohl told the crowd that she’d recently asked to learn the drums in what was probably one of Grohl’s proudest moments.
“And I said, ‘Do you want me to teach you?’ She said, ‘Yes.’ And then I said, ‘Do you want to get up in front of 20,000 people in Iceland and play?’ And she said, ‘Yes.'” Harper then started killing Queen‘s “We Will Rock You,” accompanied by her father and the rest of Foo Fighters. “There’s another Grohl on the drum set now,” Grohl said.
This was the same little girl who begged her father to go swimming as he was trying to record hit records. Now, look at her. The middle Grohl sister nailed her live debut. Harper came out on stage in Greece and a couple of other stops on Foo Fighters’ tour in 2017.
Grohl also recently revealed on Graham Norton that years ago, after he made friends with Paul McCartney, the ex-Beatle showed up at his house and gave Harper her first piano lesson. Who can say they’ve done that?
Violet Grohl Has Taken The Stage With Her Father A Couple Of Times
At 12-years-old, Violet made her live debut when she accompanied her father on stage at a benefit concert in Oakland, California, in 2018. They sang a duet of Adele’s “When We Were Young.” That same gig, Harper also came out to join her older sister and their dad on stage to do Foo Fighters’ “The Sky Is A Neighborhood.” Violet sang, Harper slid behind the drums again, all while papa Grohl strummed away on his guitar.
This past April, Grohl opened up about what it’s like watching Violet on stage during an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live. Grohl and his oldest daughter had just collaborated on a cover of X’s 1980 song “Nausea.” The collaboration was featured on Grohl’s newest documentary, What Drives Us.
Grohl wanted to cover the song with Violet after discovering that he was distantly related to one of X’s members. Grohl wanted to bring along another family member to be involved. “This represents something more than just a song that rolls through the credits,” he said. “It has to do with lineage and family and inspiration. And I thought who better to sing it than my daughter Violet? So I said to Violet, ‘Hey, I have this idea. I wanna record this cool punk rock song.’ She’s like, ‘Ugh, okay send it to me.’ And so I sent it to her and at 9 o’clock at night, she texted me and is like, ‘Oh my God this is awesome, let’s do it right now.'”
It was the first time the father-daughter duo ever recorded a song together. “I’m so proud of it because I love her very much and she’s an amazing singer, but it kind of follows this lineage and family history from this guy in Switzerland to now my daughter Violet. It’s this Bonebrake family tree that means a lot to me.”
However, before this collaboration, Grohl and Violet jammed together in January 2020, performing Nirvana’s “Heart-Shaped Box” with members Krist Novoselic and Pat Smear at the Art of Elysium’s Heaven gala. Violet has performed “Nausea” with her father multiple times, including at this past Lollapalooza.
Grohl has also revealed that he hears a lot of new music from his daughters, but they do know all the greats, of course. In 2020, he told SiriusXM that Violet was in a “deep” David Bowie phase. So it seems like the Grohl family can teach each other a thing or two. But we’re still waiting for the day when all three Grohl sisters join their father on stage. Maybe even start a band on the side?
Dave Grohl And His Daughters Are Low-Key The Most Cute And Talented Musical Family
- OK, so you know Dave Grohl. Drummer for Nirvana…
- Lead singer and main songwriter of the Foo Fighters…
- Collaborator with living legends…
- And all around goofball (in the best possible way).
- But what you might not know is that he is also a dad to three daughters: Violet Maye, 12, Harper Willow, 9, and Ophelia Saint, 4.
- Dave seems like he’s a good dad — here he is talking to Ellen about making his kids’ snack packs and then shuttling them to school via (lol) mini-van.
- His kids seem pretty well-adjusted, too — I mean, what kid wouldn’t want to swim instead of hang around a recording studio all day?
- But — BUT! — apparently his kids DO like to play music when they’re not swimming because it has come to my attention that his two eldest daughters are “put down your ramen and listen” amazing musicians.
Let’s start with Harper who, NBD, sits in with the Foo Fighters. Here’s how Dave introduced her at the Secret Solstice Festival: “About two weeks ago my daughter said, ‘Daddy, I want to play the drums.’ I said, ‘You want me to teach you?’ She said ‘yes.’ Then I said, ‘Do you want to get up in front of 20,000 people in Iceland and play?’ And she said ‘yes!’”
Harper performed Queen’s “We Will Rock You” with drummer Taylor Hawkins singing lead — hey, Harper took his job so he had to do something!
And she didn’t stop there! Harper repeated her cameo in Greece and other stops on Dad’s 2017 Foo Fighters tour.
Harper reminds me of someone behind the kit. Not sure who, though…
Now it’s time to talk about 12-year-old Violet, and you’re going to need to hold onto your hat for this one. Violet joined her dad onstage at a benefit concert in Oakland, CA this past summer to sing Adele’s “When We Were Young,” and the kid — no joke — can give Adele a run for her money.
Can you believe her pipes? The kid is only 12! And you have to love Dave’s proud nod at the audience 30 seconds in.
Not to be outdone, Harper joined big sis and dad onstage for a family-rendition of the Foo Fighters’ “The Sky Is A Neighborhood,” and she proved to have quite the voice as well.
Keep up the A+ dadding, Dave. And Violet and Harper? Something tells me we’ll be seeing more of you two.
HARPER WILLOW GROHL – BIO, AGE, WIKI, FACTS AND FAMILY
Harper Willow Grohl’s About
Dave Grohl, the lead vocalist of the Foo Fighters, and Jordyn Blum’s second child is well-known. She is the middle child of her parents’ three children, who married in August 2003.
Harper Willow Grohl Family life
Harper Willow Grohl Before Fame
Harper Willow Grohl Trivia
She was featured in a DailyMail article alongside her father in March 2015. She has also appeared on stage with her father during various tours and concerts.
Her father has served as a guest drummer for Josh Homme ‘s band Queens of the Stone Age.
Houses & Cars & Luxury Brands
Facts About Harper Willow Grohl
● Harper Willow Grohl was born on April 17, 2009 (age 13) in United States ● She is a celebrity family member ● The parents of Harper Willow Grohl are Dave Grohl, Jordyn Blum