Wananchi Group (K) Ltd
Job Title: Technical Manager – Coast Region
Location: Mombasa Hub
Employment Status / Type: Permanent
Position Reporting to: Deputy Chief Technical Officer
Manages Others: Yes
Number of Positions Managed: 7
Job Purpose / Summary
Technical Manager will be responsible for all Hub operations, OLTs serving the GPON customers, Transmission Network from landing station to handover at KPLC towards Nrb, plant maintenance operations on HFC, GPON, and business-supporting networks, all service delivery operations including installations, customer support.
Maintain stock levels for the continuous availability of materials, Oversee the operations carried out under the best safety condition to avoid any hazard or injuries.
Will also support the Construction Manager to deliver new HPs.
Managing all third-party partners e.g. KPLC, Collocation partners, NCC, etc.
1. Development of processes for the maintenance team, implementation, and frequent review to improve the processes.
2. Oversee all Network Maintenance Operations, FEC, and Noise troubleshooting to reduce the ticket to Zero.
3. Manage the team to make sure that we achieve timing on all SLAs.
4. Maintain uptime on all rings affecting nodes, OLTs, and hubs.
5. Approve all materials supplied for network, service delivery, and construction of the network to maintain the best quality and standard.
6. Manage all third-party relationships so that we have minimal interruption on the network. This includes KPLC, NCC, Commercial building, and all collocation partners.
7. Help in the acquisition of licenses and permits. This will help in making sure that the contractor and maintenance continuously release the Home Passes, convert sales to installations and maintain the network. This includes MCC, KPLC permits, KPLC pole use contract, KPC, etc.
8. Keep track of all payment schedules of all the co-location sites, implement the process, and schedule frequent reviews for improvement. This will make that all the co-located sites are paid on time and avoid disconnection.
9. Check the quality of the maintenance jobs and reconcile the materials used in comparison to the job done. Put in place good controls to reduce the cost incurred on the main line reducing unwarranted truck rolls.
10. Inspection of all the tools issued by the maintenance team and reconciliation with the store. This will make sure that the team is always equipped with the right tools for the job.
11. Receive escalations and alarms from NOC, analyze and follow up until the problem is resolved within SLA. Advise NOC on the cause of the outage in cases that require technical interpretation and possible solutions.
12. Control the production of tickets by advising customer care of any planned maintenance or outage that is
not visible from NOC. Advice the call center on the cause of the outage that requires technical interpretation and probable solution.
13. Support the delivery of Home Passes throughout the year. This is achieved on a month-by-month release of Home Passes by the contractor and counter-checking the quality of the Home Passes by the Wananchi Quality control team.
14. Support all installations and field support operations to make sure all installations are done within the same day SLA and all support work orders same day.
15. Check the quality of the build during the construction stage and make sure that the construction is within defined quality and meets the expectation of the company.
Key Performance Indicators:
1. Maintain over 99.95% uptime on all networks. i.e HFC, GPON, Hubs, and Business Supporting network.
2. Convert all sales at a rate of 95% on all sales within the same day
3. Close 90% of support work orders within the same day and balance with 24hrs.
4. Manage the team to make sure that we achieve 95% on all SLAs.
5. Manage collocated all master nodes and OLTs to stabilize power on all sites.
6. Maintain 95% uptime on all rings affecting nodes, OLTs, and hubs.
7. Support the contractor to deliver the homes both greenfield and infills.
8. Achieve 95% on all S1 tickets raised
9. Achieve 95% on all S2 tickets raised
10. Make sure the team is motivated and all leave days have been taken a minimum of 5 days per person as pending
11. Make sure that all teams are using the materials, cars, and tools well to avoid wastage and damage. Zero tolerance to wastage policy.
12. Share weekly reports on the performance of the regions to make sure the management is making the right decisions for the business.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to submit their applications including a detailed CV and daytime telephone contact to email@example.com on or before 8th August 2022.
The subject line should read Technical Manager-Coast Region.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and will offer competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.