In 2021 and all other year’s, the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) under the Government of Kenya demands that each individual file their KRA returns either Nil returns or taxed returns if you are employed.
Where do i file my KRA returns? The KRA returns are filed in the KRA Itax portal found in https://itax.kra.go.ke/KRA-Portal. It is important to note that you can do this in any Huduma center or using the Itax web app.
What are the requirements for Filing KRA returns
As mentioned above, the Itax system can also assist you in filling nil or salaried returns you need the following to file your returns:
- You need to have your employer information including the companies KRA pin. your P9 form should contain all the information required in filing KRA returns.
- Have a financial statement if you are running a business.
- Make sure you have Withholding tax certificates.
When is KRA Returns Deadline 2021?
For this and all other years, KRA returns deadline will be on 30th June, 2021. If you fail to file your returns by this date, you will attract severe penalties.
How to file KRA returns nil and individual Returns step by step
- Step 1: Visit KRA Itax Returns Portal use your Itax service number included in your KRA pin and ITax password.
- Login into the KRA ITax page. After successful login, you will see a page similar to the one displayed below. There are several tasks you can do on the KRA returns portal, we will write similar blog posts in the same.
- Select file Nil Returns. On the menu bar, select Nil returns. Now since we are filling nil returns for the previous year, the KRA returns will start from 01/01/2019 to 31/12/2019.
- Download the KRA returns receipt. If you have done all the processes well, a receipt to confirm this will be generated to acknowledge the KRA nil returns were successfully filed.
You may choose to download the receipt or save it on your computer. Those are the simple steps to file KRA returns. If You loved the article, please share, and Subscribe for more informative content.